Updated March 5, 2021
We recognize the seriousness of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak and are doing everything we can to keep the families we serve and our staff safe.
Our team is making every effort possible to keep our facilities clean and sanitized. Our staff is here to remind visitors about the necessary distancing practices.
We have been receiving regular updates from the RI Dept of Health and our professional experts to keep our guests safe.
We are continuing to provide families with wakes and visitations, funerals, and memorial services.
Visitations/Wakes: the funeral home can welcome family and guests up to a capacity of 15 people in the room with the casket or urn including family members and funeral home staff. Staff will monitor the number of people in the funeral home and as some guests exit, others will be invited in.
- Safe distancing does limit hugging and touching, sorry!
- Family will stay separated from guests behind a rope barrier
- Staff will take names and a phone number for all guests to complete the state tracing log. These names will also be copied into the family guest book.
Funerals and Memorial Services:
- For a seated service in the funeral home, attendance limited to 30 people, including family and funeral home staff.
- In a church or house of worship, limits are at the discretion of each facility, yet most churches are following the state guidance and operating at 40% capacity.
- Graveside/Outdoor: Attendance limited to 50 people. Auxiliary staff/officiants are not included in the capacity limit.
Anyone who is sick or has symptoms of COVID-19, or a recent exposure, should not attend any group service.
-taken from the RIDOH statement to the RI Funeral Homes with minor modifications for readability. KE